Genymotion emulator is running in client machine and not being displayed in Visual Studio emulator list.
- Genymotion is out-of-date.
- Different ADB versions in installed SDK and Genymotion.
ADB, Android Debug Bridge, is a command-line utility included with Google’s Android SDK. ADB can control a device from a computer, copy files back and forth, install and uninstall apps, run shell commands, and more.Source
One of the following fixes might help:
- Restarting both Visual Studio and Genymotion emulator.
- Updating Genymotion to the latest version.
- Changing Genymotion ADB path to match Visual
Studio’s. For this to work follow the following steps:
- If you do not know your Android SDK location, go to Visual Studio Settings -> Xamarin -> Android Settings and copy the SDK Location Path.
- Now open Genymotion Settings -> ADB, select the option to use custom tools and paste the copied location path.
- Restart Genymotion emulator if it’s already running.
If you have tried other steps that solved this issue, please share them with us!